How did Simple Sampling
born? At first Soundcells started working on a fun ReFill based on a Stylophone only, which was recorded for sampling purposes. Besides programming a patch that matches the real thing, the NNXT sampler in Reason was tweaked to go some extra steps and some fat funky clavinet-style patches caught by surprise. While producing the Stylofunk mini track (apart from the loop it's entirely based on stylophone samples) some extra cool stuff was added to this ReFill: a "single-sample-rhodes", a "single-sample-piano", a "single-sample-kalimba" and a lot of other nifty stuff...
Simple Sampling gradually turned into a product full of "simple samples" coming from different sound sources. If you are looking for classic old-school sampled sounds instead of huge patches built by hundreds of individual samples, you will love this ReFill. Patches are super-fast loading, CPU-friendly and they are full of 'retro' character...
Changelog for version 4:
- 25 new Combinator patches
- 25 new NNXT patches
- 292 MB of new samples
- Re-worked backdrops
- 176 combinator patches for many different styles of music, subdivided in 6 folders: Bass, Drum Machines, FX & Atmo, Keys, Leads, Pads.
- A note by note (A2 - E4) sampled and looped Stylophone including it´s typical release click.
- Simple Samples come from the Rhodes Mark 1, Doepfer MS404, Novation Supernova 2, microKORG, G2, Kawai K5000 and more.
- The modules folder contains the basic NNXT patches which are used for the combinator sounds.
- 10 REX loops, 5 Redrum kits
- new demo tracks
and up needs to be installed to use this product.